About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Playmate

I know that the kids (and Scott) are bummed about the lack of snow this summer, but this unseasonably warm weather has been wonderful. I was able to spend the day outside with Timmy, playing and thoroughly enjoying the warm(er) air and the bright sunshine. 

Because Timmy can't be around infections and possible viruses, we have had to restrict his social interactions. (Outdoors he is safer because the air is constantly circulated.) I know that he has missed playing with buddies. As much as I try, I am a poor substitute for kids his own age. 

While we were busy playing hide-and-seek in the yard, we were approached by a little girl with her father. The family moved into the house across the street several months ago but because of schedules and weather, we haven't seen them out playing often. My little Hamlet was absolutely delighted when he was invited to play with his new neighbor buddy. He said good-bye over his shoulder as he went skipping towards his new friend's yard.

Timmy and Maya played for hours, affording me the opportunity to sit on my porch swing to tackle some work. I loved hearing the giggles wafting through the neighborhood! I really hope that Maya is home more often when the weather warms, because I know that Timmy will always be an eager little playmate.

No comments:

Post a Comment