About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Overwhelming Process

My leg is extremely sore this morning. I am not having an issue with phantom pain (which is a nice change), but rather my limb is bruised on the end. I have been putting off getting a new socket for nearly a year, but my purple leg is screaming at me for my procrastination. 

I am not sure why I have been putting off starting the fitting process other than the fact that it is truly  inconvenient.  As soon as I start the process I know that my calendar will be filled with appointments with doctors and my prosthetist. Hours will be spent in sitting in waiting rooms and driving to and from appointments. The process, while not physically painful, is overwhelming in the time commitment it requires. 

I have been trying to put off the process until Scott is home for summer vacation, but I don't think that waiting is wise. My leg is sore, my liner is shredded and I need to be refit. Like it or not, I have to make the call to get the ball rolling. 

I know that it will be worth it in the end when I have a comfortable new leg. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and the appointments are minimal. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment