About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Stay Home

Timmy's hives continued to bother him through much of the day, but by the time he went to bed we seemed to have found some relief for him. Between pushing him to drink lots of water, dosing him with benadryl, using topical ointments after long cool baths, he finally stopped itching and scratching. His skin began to cool, allowing him to sleep soundly for the first time in days. 

This morning his hives are still present but they are faded in both size and color. I'm still eager to connect with his doctors, but I suspect that my request for a video chat is not high priority. As long as he continues to improve, I can be patient and begin to relax.

Yesterday the Virginia Governor issued a "stay at home" order, which was frightening to hear but will have little consequence on our everyday life. Scott and I have both been strict about staying home and avoiding human contact. If everybody had followed the social distancing order this new directive would not have been necessary! Hopefully now the naysayers will realize the importance of following the guidelines from the medical experts and we will be able to return to normal in a few weeks.

Stay safe, and stay home!

No comments:

Post a Comment