About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 03, 2020

Overwhelmed

Yesterday was rough. Thankfully Timmy was feeling better, although he wasn't 100%, and the sun was shining. I had ever excuse to embrace the moment and enjoy spending time playing outside. Instead of being happy, I found myself struggling with anxiety and just couldn't seem to find a place of contentment.

The constant news about Covid-19 has been completely overwhelming. Even though we are taking every single precaution (we haven't even left our property in three weeks), I am fearful. At this point I'm more worried about the implications Timmy is going to experience by delaying his treatments and the health of my family and friends than I am about our own Covid-19 risk.

I know that there is nothing I can do right now except protect myself and my family. With so many people suffering, staying home feels so counter intuitive at the moment. This weekend, I think I need to keep the television turned to streaming platforms instead of the news. At this point, knowledge is crippling.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment