About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Tired

Our days are definitely starting to run together. Like everybody else, I feel like we are living a weird version of Groundhog Day. Everyday feels the same, and there doesn't seem to be new experiences or adventures on the immediate horizon.

Even though we are at home, I am trying my best to keep the kids both entertained and happy. Robby has been relatively low-maintenance. Between his classwork and playing online games with school friends, his has not complained about being home. Timmy, on the other hand, is a completely different story.

Timmy misses playing with friends, and he wants to go to the playground. We've tried to explain that we need to stay at home because of the "bad germs," but I know that he doesn't really understand. He wants to visit his Nana and his cousins, go to playgrounds and hang out with buddies. As much as I try, I am a poor substitute for a playmate.  

Between working and occupying Timmy, my time is completely taxed. I'm tired, and I want to escape. Unfortunately that isn't an option right now. 

Ugh. Quarantine stinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment