About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

My (Quarantine) Birthday

Happy (quarantine) Birthday to me.  

Sigh. I remember when I was younger and my birthday was my favorite day of the year. As time has passed and the number creeps up, I find myself more blase about my "big day." Although I try to switch my perspective, I can't help but focus on the age instead of the celebration. Regardless of whether or not I want to  acknowledge it, today I am officially one year older.  

This year my birthday feels even more anti-climatic. Social distancing from my family and friends is starting to wear me down. I miss human contact, adventures and just interacting with people. I know that so many people are in the same boat though, and I do take solace in the knowledge that I am not alone on this isolation raft.   

Today will be spent with Scott and the boys. Unfortunately it is going to rain (again), so we will spend the day inside. I don't think it will be hard to convince Robby and Timmy to snuggle up with me to watch a movie (or two) while we gorge on popcorn and milkshakes. 

Our celebration may be homespun and laid back this year, but I have decided that it will be a quarantine birthday to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment