About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Blessed

I had not been looking forward to my birthday. I knew that it was coming, but I anticipated it with the same dread that I feel before a mammogram or a pap smear appointment. I knew that it was inevitable and quickly approaching, and I hoped to get through the day with as little discomfort as possible.

To my surprise and delight, I had a lovely day. I definitely missed seeing my friends and family (beyond Scott and the boys), but I connected with everybody through video chat and messaging. Throughout the day I received messages and calls, wishing me a Happy Birthday and checking in.  I felt loved and spoiled and, to be honest, I couldn't ask for more.  

Thank you to everybody who reached out to me. Your messages and your kind words helped make yesterday a birthday to remember. I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment