About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Birds and a Battle

Yesterday morning, while I was quietly drinking my coffee and trying to get some work done, Timmy was playing under the deck on his "gym" equipment. Suddenly he came bounding up the stairs, excitedly screaming me to follow him. He grabbed my hand and pulled so hard he nearly lifted me from my chair. 

At his urging (and insistence) I quickly followed him down the stairs. He led me to the corner of his gym (playground) and pointed to the rafters. There I saw a next with two tiny little baby bird heads peeking over the top. Their eyes were still closed and their covers were matted. Timmy then told me how he watched them hatch.  He was ecstatic by the experience!  

He spent the majority of the day playing in his gym and watching the newborn birds. In order to escape the heat, the big kids played inside for the most of the day. By mid afternoon the kids were becoming bored so we scratched another square in our Family Adventure Book. This time they were directed to open up a pinata using only their best martial arts moves. We ordered the supplies and they had a great time beating up a taco pinata.

After Timmy went to bed, the cousins engaged in another round of Bomb!. When the temperatures began to cool in the evening, the Crew headed outside with their Glow Battle swords for an epic battle.  I love the sounds of summertime giggles in the night!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment