About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, June 12, 2020

Back Home

After a fantastic getaway to visit my Mom, yesterday we packed up and headed home. It was hard to say goodbye, especially since the last time we were separated for so long because of the pandemic. I'm hoping and praying that the virus continues to decline so that the Cousin Crew can still have an entire summer of fun. Their laughter and giggles make every stress and anxious moment simply slip away. 

Timmy took leaving my Mom's especially hard. He cried for the majority of our drive home, lamenting that he would "never see his Nana again." We tried logic to no avail. We finally stopped for a milkshake which seemed to soothe his heart. Thankfully he is at an age where he is still easily bribed and swayed. 

Today will be spent catching up on laundry and housework. Even though it has only been a week, I feel like I have been gone for a month. The clutter around my house suddenly feels claustrophobic. I guess my weekend will be spent cleaning and organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment