About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 15, 2020

Relaxation

I wish I could write that we had an exciting weekend, but that would not be honest. My weekend wasn't bad, but it certainly was not overly exciting or entertaining. Social distancing is becoming very tiresome!

Timmy spent the majority of each afternoon in his little pool, happily splashing and playing. I sat poolside, listening to an audio book and watching him play. I enjoyed feeling the sunshine on my skin and hearing his giggles through the splashing. It didn't seem to both him that it wasn't hot and that the water was cold. He is my little water bug, happy to jump into a pool regardless of the weather.

Sitting by his little pool, I felt guilty for not working. I looked around the yard and began to make a mental list of everything that I should be doing. Instead of getting up and starting to knock through the yard work I just couldn't find the motivation. I opted to allow myself the luxury of relaxation. Sometimes, it's okay to just sit and chill, right?







No comments:

Post a Comment