About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Reality

After a quick trip to visit my Mom, yesterday we packed up and returned home. Per tradition (although not my favorite), Timmy cried most of the drive back to Virginia. I know that he is simply vocalizing his sadness about leaving, but my goodness, it becomes overwhelming. Logic doesn't work, but thankfully distraction and sometimes ice cream is enough to change his perspective.

By the time we arrived home the pool was uncovered and ready for action. Timmy didn't even go inside the house. He ran straight from the car and jumped straight into his pool, stripping away his close during the quick fifteen feet jaunt. He splashed and swam au natural for about two hours before going inside to rest and get dressed.  

While Robby was playing lifeguard I caught up on work and unpacked from our trip. Today we are back to reality.  Ugh.  Reality is overrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment