About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 06, 2020

Holiday Fun

Bored and looking for some fun on the Fourth of July, the boys and I packed up and headed to Pennsylvania on Saturday morning. The promise of seeing his Nana, playing with his cousin and viewing fireworks more than offset the long car ride for Timmy. Social distancing made this celebration considerably smaller and different, but we still had a great time.

Saturday night the kids and I piled into the car and went out to watch the fireworks. We parked on the side of the rode outside Harrisburg and sat (away from everybody else) on the side of a hill. Timmy, who typically goes to bed around 8, was exhausted by the time the show began. Thankfully the excitement of seeing the fireworks perked him up enough to enjoy the show!

We came back to my Mom's house right after the display was over and Timmy was tucked into bed. The older kids and I were playing a card game when he wandered back out into the living room. He was tired before the fireworks began, but he had a hard time winding down and relaxing after they started to soar. Finally, after numerous attempts, we managed to tuck him back into bed for good.

Sunday morning Timmy informed me that he was angry. When I asked him why, he explained that his cousins had a party without him. I told him that we didn't have a party, but he was persistent with his claim. He contended that, when he came to the living room the night before, he saw "a game and Doritos. That's a party!"  

Apparently I set the bar low for his definition of a party.






No comments:

Post a Comment