About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Robot Love

 Yesterday I broke down and bought myself a new toy. Of course, I justified my purchase because it is really an appliance that will be used to clean the house. Despite my efforts to rationalize, I know in my heart that it is a toy. But I have to tell you, I love my new robot vacuum!

I unboxed my new robot with an enthusiasm that matched Timmy on Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to plug him in, get him charged up and put him to work. After a few hours Homer, my new vacuum, was charged and ready to go. I pushed the button and he happily chirped to life.

Homer spent the next 90 minutes meandering through the front half of the house, picking up dirt while mapping his route. (He is an obedient multi-tasker!) We all watched with amazement as he went about his task. With no sass and no backtalk when doing his chores, my heart skipped a beat. 

I think I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment