About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 31, 2020

Relaxing and Prepping

Friday evening the remnants of the hurricane blew into our area, providing constant downpours and strong winds throughout much of the weekend. Although I missed the sunshine, I didn't really mind the excuse for hibernating. Last week was rough, and I was relieved for the respite to regroup and relax.

Saturday was spent doing nothing of great importance. I had ambitions to spend the day cleaning and working. Despite my plans, I ended up watching Netflix on the couch while the boys quietly played by themselves. I think we were all in need of some quiet time.

Yesterday I finally made progress towards my weekend goals. I cleaned our bedroom and continued to rearrange the furniture. I'm not happy yet, but we are definitely making progress. I feel like we are playing furniture Tetris. I keep moving large pieces of furniture in hopes of finding a functional and pleasing new flow to the home. I'll get there eventually, assuming that my moving men don't revolt first.

When the furniture was moved and the house was put back together I went to work in the kitchen. In an effort to diminish my stress, I spent several hours prepping and cooking for the upcoming week. When I was done cooking I was able to squeeze in a few hours of work, trying to get ahead so that my schedule. Hopefully my efforts will result in less stress and more energy as the week progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment