About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 04, 2020

Labor Day

I'm feeling victorious this morning. Timmy and I survived an entire week of virtual school without tears. It wasn't easy, and the lack of tears does not mean that we weren't frustrated. But we are taking the absence of a meltdown as a success. 

I've always hated Labor Day, and this year is no exception. I always found it difficult to feel celebratory when the end of summer arrived. Even though I'm saddened to mark the end of summer, this year the end of the season feels more inconsequential. 

School already started, so Labor Day no longer heralds academia. Because of social distancing, I feel like we never had the opportunity to fully embrace the adventures of summer. I feel sad that we seemingly lost a season, but I am looking forward to the changes of autumn. 

I'm hoping that the world normalizes in the months ahead. I'm starting to feel worn down by the isolation and the stress. We all have missed out on so much- please wear a mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment