About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 08, 2020

New Normal?

 Despite my abhorrence for all things Labor Day, we ended up having a pleasant weekend. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, allowing us to finally spend time outside. Scott and I tackled the yard work while the boys rode bikes, played through the yard and began to decorate for Halloween. After being holed up for the past two weeks because of rain, the sunshine felt liberating!

Today we are back to the school routine. Robby is thrilled that his enrichment classes begin this week. So far they are meeting in person (fewer than 10 people with masks and appropriate distancing) and, fingers crossed, they will continue with face-to-face sessions. He has missed his friends and I know that he is anxious to see everybody again. 

This pandemic has impacted so many aspects of our lives, but it has hit relationships the hardest. I am accustomed to conducting much of my life virtually, but there are elements of human interactions that just cannot be conveyed through a video call. Teen friendships rank high on this list. 

Please continue to wear a mask, practice social distancing and be smart about following all protocols. I feel like a new normal is within reach, but it will be pulled back if the Covid numbers spike again. I want my kids to be able to hang out with the friends, but I worry that it isn't going to happen this school year. Mask up, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment