About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Zooming

Another day and more rain. Ugh! I'm so tired of the dreary weather. The glimpses of sunshine over the weekend teased my senses, leaving me more frustrated as the skies have greyed over the past few days. Social distancing, which stinks under the best circumstances, has been made considerably more difficult when we haven't been able to play outside.

Timmy has spent his afternoons zooming around the house on his scooter and push bike. He zips around so quickly that I constantly find myself jumping to hug the wall to avoid a collision. Despite our warnings to slow down and to be careful, he is a little daredevil. So far he has avoided injury. We are knocking on wood that this trend continues because, as I tell him on a daily basis, this is a lousy time to end up in the emergency room.

I am feeling increasingly frustrated about the pandemic and those who are disregarding the precautions. Sometimes it feels like we are alone in our concerns. Every time I see my friends post photos of themselves out with large groups of friends with nobody wearing a mask I feel like screaming. There is little doubt about it, I need to reset my perspective if I'm going to maintain my sanity. 

I just wish I knew where to begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment