About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

 This is a big day in my Mom's house. Today my niece and nephew embark on their first in-person day at their new public schools. It's scary going to a new school, but I know that they are up for the challenge. Compared to the restrictive private school that they have attended, public school is going to be full of amazing opportunities and experiences.  

I wish I was there this morning, to watch them get ready and to try to quell last minute nerves. Unfortunately they will have to settle with a cheerleader from a distance, rooting them on and waiting to hear an update as soon as they get home. Until I get to talk to them later this afternoon, I am sure I will continue to be a bundle of nervous energy for them.

While the cousins are embarking on a new adventure, Robby and Timmy will continue with our typical school schedule. Robby has a history lecture course that monopolizes most of his morning. Timmy will be occupied with circle time, crafts and his various worksheet assignments. I will be busy trying to juggle everybody's activities as well as my own responsibilities. These past few weeks have been, without a doubt, the most hectic of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment