About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, November 06, 2020

Beautiful Weather

Yesterday afternoon I shut off Hallmark Channel, logged off all electronics and went outside to play with the boys. I left my phone on the kitchen counter so that I could completely unplug from the stress and anxiety of the election situation. I sent several hours riding bikes, playing in leaves and pushing Timmy on his swing. It is amazing how much happier I felt when I was completely away from the news and the stream of social media!

The weather was gorgeous, which definitely helped to elevate my mood. With temperatures in the low 70's, it was ideal for a long bike ride through the neighborhood. Timmy and Robby both delighted in the impromptu recess and the break from school work. I figured that school work would always be there, but the beautiful weather was definitely a fleeting gift. 

Today Robby will spend the majority of his afternoon at his enrichment classes. He loves his gaming class, where he is fully immersed in history while spending time (in person) with his friends. I know that he loves Fridays, but his activities equate to a lot of driving for Timmy and me. When I see him come out of class with a smile from ear-to-ear, the miles logged are definitely worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment