About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 05, 2020

Thankful Turkey

Although I expected yesterday to be a nail biter as the election results were tallied, I found myself surprisingly distracted through most of the morning and afternoon. Between work and Timmy's classes, I had no time to watch the news and fret. It turns out that being busy was definitely a benefit!

We are 25% into the new school year and Timmy and I are finally reaching our stride. He is increasingly independent with most activities, although he still requires technical assistance with the computer and crafts. During Circle Time yesterday Timmy crafted a "thankful turkey." I loved watching him draw, cut and write on his feathers without assistance. He has learned so much in a few short weeks!

With the help of work and school activities, avoiding the election results was surprisingly easy. I was able to keep updated via text from Scott or calls from my mom and friends, but I avoided the constant analysis streaming on every platform. In truth, I didn't even turn on the news until it was after dinner. Looking back, I probably should have opted for the Hallmark Channel. Almost as soon as I started watching the analysis I felt my anxiety start creeping back up.

Today I plan on avoided the news as much as possible. I'm certain that somebody will call me, or I will probably hear Scott holler from his basement office, when a significant change has been made to the tally. In the meantime, I'm going to protect my mental health and just focus on my daily life. 






No comments:

Post a Comment