About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 02, 2020

Halloween Wrap-Up

 Even though Halloween was different this year, the kids had a great time. They carved pumpkins, went trick-or-treating (outdoor candy bowls only, no doorbells and no contact) and seemed to spend the entire weekend laughing. They didn't seem to mind that their loot was not as heavy as it was in prior years. The search for the elusive candy bowls became a challenge, causing the kids to squeal with delight when a new bowl was spied. 

I was weary about allowing the kids to trick-or-treat, but I'm glad I made the decision to allow it to proceed (with stipulations.) They walked by a lot of illuminated houses, opting to only visit those who had a bowl of treats left at the end of the walkway or on their driveway. No contact treat bowls was their only option, as well as full masks at all times. They all accepted my rules and stipulations without issue and, from the looks of their smiles when they returned home, they had a fantastic time. 

After trick-or-treating, the older Crew played silly games into the wee hours of the morning.  (Timmy zonked out after all of the walking.) I love hearing the belly laughing that echoes through the house when they are together!





No comments:

Post a Comment