About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, October 30, 2020

Trick-or-Treat

 We made it through another tropical storm unscathed. Our lawn, which had been cleared of leaves on Tuesday afternoon, is now carpeted with colorful foliage. The rain and wind did their job, leaving our trees naked and speeding up our leaf clearing season. 

While Scott is busy with the leaves this weekend, the boys and I will be in Pennsylvania visiting my Mom. The Cousin Crew will be reunited for the entire weekend, a event that Robby has been eagerly anticipating. I'm looking forward to hearing the giggles, the scheming and the gaming again. 

Trick-or-Treat is this weekend. Although I am settled on letting Timmy go to a few houses, I am not willing to make great breaks in our pandemic distancing protocols. Instead of going on a massive trick-or-treat hunt, I am leaning towards allowing visits to the houses where the candy is set outside in a bowl. Although I usually enjoy interacting with everybody, this year minimal contact is my priority.

I know that our modified trick-or-treat plans won't be as fruitful as the haul in years past, but I have a few plans up my sleeve. After they Crew are done trick-or-treating, I'm planning a giant glow-in-the-dark scavenger hunt in the backyard. I have no doubt that they will have as much fun, if not more, during this year's Halloween celebrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment