About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Hallmark Movies

 Our spooky plans for the weekend morphed into a Hallmark Christmas movie marathon. The weather was rainy and cold on Sunday, laying perfect conditions for sitting by the fireplace while watching a sappy movie. Timmy and Robby didn't seem interested in attending Halloween events from our car and in the rain, so I decided to not push the issue.

I have all but abandoned Halloween this year. As much as I have tried, I just can't capture the spooky spirit. The closure of all of our favorite autumnal adventures, coupled with the cancellation of trick-or-treating, have made embracing the season difficult. I've tried to come up with alternatives and to make the best of our situation, but it's hard. I'm tired of the pandemic, but I know that social distancing fatigue can lead to catastrophic results.

Instead of forcing make-shift Halloween activities on everybody, I instead chose to completely immerse myself in Hallmark Christmas movies. The boys were busy playing games and watching cartoons, so I actually had control over the remote control for most of the weekend. It turns out that disconnecting from the world and escaping into stories where the pandemic and politics were nonexistent was exactly what my soul needed to regroup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment