About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tamer

Yesterday was a typical workday. The boys were busy with their school work and zoom classes. Between helping them become situated, fetching printed materials and gathering their last minute supplies, I focused on my own projects. It isn't easy, but I feel like I am finally getting into a flow of virtual schooling.

It is hard to believe that this is Halloween week. The lack of spooky spirit in our family is palpable. It's weird though, because nobody seems to care that we should be getting ready to trick-or-treat except for me. Maybe that is a good sign? I keep worrying that the boys are somehow missing out, but they seem absolutely fine. 

I have stressed and fretted over how I could possibly "save" this holiday during a pandemic. The realization that it doesn't really need to be saved is liberating. I know that the boys love trick-or-treating, and while I know that they are disappointed, they are certainly not devastated. 

I have a few candy gathering activities planned, but I am not going to go overboard. At least, right now that is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment