About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Icky Day

Another tropical storm is rolling through our area. Today we are expecting about 2 inches of rain with dreary skies and winds developing through the afternoon. Ick. In other words, it is a miserable weather day.

As the pandemic draws on, I find my moods increasingly influenced by the weather. If it is bright and sunny outside, I have a great day. I take the kids outside and we enjoy the fresh air and time together. But when it is rainy and we are stuck inside, I feel as if I'm in a cage. I become frustrated that we can't go anywhere and angry at those who gallivant throughout the community without a mask.

Even though we are stuck inside, I'm going to focus on staying positive. After the schoolwork is complete for the day, I think I'll throw in a movie and bake some cookies with the kids. I'm going to try to take it easy on my leg today because, if history is any indicator, I am going to experience phantom pain tonight. Hopefully limiting my walking will help to mitigate the pain tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment