About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Tranquility

I woke up this morning to see the grass glistening with frost. Everything is so pretty when the world is still and covered with frost. Instead of grabbing my laptop and beginning to work, which is my normal routine, I quietly  sipped my coffee and just absorbed the serenity. My mornings are typically hectic, so it was nice to wake up slower and more relaxed.

My quiet didn't last long. Timmy came hopping into the living room on his big red jumper ball when I was only half way done with my coffee. The television was quickly turned onto cartoons and my living room was filled with the normal sounds of my morning. Even though it was fleeting, my calm wake-up was amazing.

Today is busy with schoolwork and meetings. I feel like I'm always busy, but the chaos is now organized and manageable. Here's to a great day.  Here's hoping that the morning meditation will hold me through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment