About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 16, 2020

Frustrated

We were treated to another gorgeous weekend. The yard remained too wet to work on the leaves, but we made a dent in stacking the firewood. Even though we didn't accomplish as much as we had planned, it was nice to just relax and play outside. 

I had ambitions of accomplishing much more this weekend, but my motivation waned as my leg pain began to flare. I wasn't immobile, but at times I was definitely uncomfortable. I hate being reminded that I am an amputee. This weekend, as I felt each step, I was acutely aware that I was a prosthetic wearer. 

I'm not sure why I was uncomfortable. Sometimes my body just seems to revolt against wearing a prosthesis. Sometimes being an amputee is so frustrating! When my plans go haywire because of an issue related to my limb loss, I feel the frustration more profoundly. This was definitely one of those times!

Thankfully I was able to just take it easy and rest. This morning, I am feeling back to normal. Here's to a productive and pain-free week.

No comments:

Post a Comment