About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Abracadabra

Slowly but surely, we are making our way through mid-term week. Robby has successfully completed the first semester of World Cultures and English. He is part way through his Algebra midterm and he has yet to attempt German and Biology. Timmy is done with the first semester of Kindergarten Math, Science and Social Studies. He needs to finish English by the end of the week, which is only going to require a few hours of attention and work.  Once this week is over I think we will all breath a sigh of relief.

Yesterday Timmy and I took a break from his academics to participate in a magic class. He has been enthralled by magic over the past few weeks and has been watching YouTube videos to try to learn tricks. I was delighted when I discovered a free Zoom magic class for Martin Luther King Day. My little guy was ecstatic and eagerly soaked up every moment of the opportunity.

After the magic class, he spent the majority of his time practicing his tricks and trying to refine his act. (His trick involves cutting paper strips and transforming them into rings with only scissors and slight of hand.) In the evening, after a lot of work and many sheets of paper, he performed his "act" for his Nana via video chat. She was appropriately impressed by his newly discovered magical abilities.  

Today we are back to the books, hoping to wrap up the first semester in the next few days. I am looking forward to relaxing (albeit for only a few days) before we embark on semester 2. What I would give for a vacation right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment