About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Kidney Stone

My plans yesterday were sidelined by the sudden introduction of a kidney stone into my life. I have never experienced passing a kidney stone before yesterday and I admit to panicking when the symptoms first arose. (A tele med appointment confirmed the diagnosis.) I was told what to buy to help with the pain, encouraged to drink a lot of water and asked to follow up in 24 hours if the symptoms don't subside. 

I will spare the details of my experience, but I will share that I have never before felt that type of pain. Robby walked by the bathroom and overheard me crying in pain, which upset him to the point where he called Scott. I didn't ask him to do it, but I am glad that he did. Scott was able to leave work early to pick up the medicine that was supposed to help with the pain. Seeing him drive down the road I envisioned  Lancelot swooshing in to rescue Guinevere. He was my hero!

The medication has taken longer than I would have preferred to work, but I am finally feeling some relief. I still haven't passed the stone, but I am waiting with bated breath. I am hoping to put this ordeal behind me as quickly as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment