About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Great Wolf

Yesterday was certainly memorable for our family. 

Dropping off Robby at the airport was difficult but not as angst inducing as I had anticipated. He was so excited for the adventure that it was impossible for me to feel anything but pride and happiness. I already miss him, but I know that he is safe, happy and settling in for an amazing week. 

While Robby was in the air, we packed up the car and headed to the Poconos. We told Timmy we had to drop my computer off for repairs before picking up Friend and returning home. (Robby laughed when we told him because this was the exact excuse we told him when we surprise him with a trip to the beach.) Timmy, completely unaware of the rouse, sat quietly in the back of the car for nearly 5 hours as we navigated through horrendous traffic. 

We thought that he would become excited when he saw the entrance to Great Wolf Lodge but he seemed completely unphased. It wasn't until we pulled luggage from the car and checked in that he began to squirm and squeal. Apparently he thought we were just "taking in some sights" and he didn't even consider that he would be staying. It was definitely a memorable experience!

Timmy ran to the room and immediately climbed into the cave themed bunk room. It was surprisingly hard for us to convince him to leave the kid cave so we could explore the water park. A promise that he could sleep in the cave was enough to lure him into his swimsuit. We spent several hours splashing and playing so much that we were all water logged and our cheeks hurt from smiling. It was an amazing day.

By the time we got back to the room Robby texted us. The museum coordinator arranged for a party bus to pick up the kids at the airport. Talk about the ultimate icebreaker and a great start to the week! He and some new friends were preparing to explore the area around the hotel before the program began in the evening. I felt relieved to see the huge smile on his face in the photos. 

This morning I woke up in a bunk bed cave with Timmy. After all, how could I refuse his request to sleep in the cave with him? (In case you are curious, my back is now killing me. Cave bunk beds are definitely designed for the young.) Thankfully I'll be spending lots of time in the pool this morning to work out the kinks. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment