About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, June 19, 2023

Flying Away

 Today is a huge day for my (not-so) little Koopa. This morning we took him to the airport, saw him through security and wished him well as he embarks on his New Orleans adventure. He will be at the World War II Museum Student Leadership Academy this week, learning all about the museum, curation and the everyday heroes of the horrific conflict. 

I anticipated tears as he walked away at the airport (mine not his), but I was surprised by my own reaction. While I'm sad to see him leave and nervous for him to be so far away, I find myself so excited about this experience that any negative emotion has been pushed to the back.  He is going to have an amazing adventure and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Yesterday afternoon we came to DC so that we could be close to the hotel. His flight departed at 8:30 and we wanted to avoid traffic and any other unnecessary stress so we decided to turn Father's Day into a little getaway vacation. It was fun relaxing at the hotel and playing in the city for a few hours. This morning we were very happy to avoid the traffic and the stress of the beltway at rush hour.  

With Rob on the plane to NOLA, we are packing up at the hotel and heading out. It's odd to be leaving without Robby, but Timmy is primed to fill any void left. He doesn't know it, but he is going to have an amazing adventure today too. We are going to Great Wolf Lodge and he has no idea!





No comments:

Post a Comment