About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Anxiety

On the positive side, Robby is finally feeling better. While his cough persists, his fever and general malaise has faded. If everything continues on this path, he should be feeling himself again by the weekend. The timing could  not have been better because his band performs on Sunday. I would hate for him to miss it because of the nagging cough!

With Robby on the mend, my thoughts are begrudgingly beginning to look forward to the impending school year. Yes, I view it as impending instead of upcoming. I wish that I could look forward with optimistic anticipation. Instead I keep conjuring the memories of last September and the turmoil of those first few weeks of school. 

Logically, I know that this year will be different. We are all familiar with the schedule, the expectations, the flow and the technology. Last year we jumped into the ocean completely unprepared. This year we are seasoned pros and have tamed the tide. I keep reminding myself of this fact but it is doing little to quell my anxiety.

My Back-to-School angst has grown to such an intensity that I am waking up panicking about the coming months. My email inbox has been been accumulating a variety of welcome emails, packets, helpful information and student handbooks, none of which I have the emotional bandwidth to tackle. I really need to figure out a way to combat my anxiety because I don't want it to rub off on the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment