About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Sick Koopa

Robby has been on antibiotics since Sunday but he is still plagued with a cough and a fever. My poor Koopa is miserable and there is little I can do to provide relief. As if being ill in the summer isn't bad enough, we have had to postpone the Cousin Crew adventure. Talk about devastated! 

We may have to postpone the Cousin Crew, but I am determined to make an adventure a reality. Timmy in particular has been looking forward to the adventure for months. When we told him that we had to delay I could see the disappointment wash over his face. It broke my heart. Thankfully we have a few weeks left of summer so there is still time to recover and adventure. 

While I was hanging out at home with the kids Scott 'enjoyed' his first day at school. Unlike other years, we didn't feel the same end-of-the-summer remorse when he left for work. Instead we were both energized to get the last year over with and to move on with the next professional adventure. Hopefully this year will be smooth and easy for him. After 30 years in Special Education, he deserves an easy year!


No comments:

Post a Comment