About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Amazing Teen

Robby spent Monday walking the campus of Shepherd, meeting with students and beginning to imagine his next four years. Hearing him talk about his experience he is a mixture of apprehension and excitement. He actually sent himself a text as a reminder of his enthusiasm and the positive orientation experience. He said that he wants to remember the good feeling that he had on campus when he starts to become scared and nervous about the transition. He is so much like me! I know that the next few months are going to fly by and soon he will be packing up for his new college home. 

His excitement has not been limited to Shepherd University. Robby was informed on Monday that he was selected as the Virginia recipient for the Billy Michal Leadership Award, presented through the National World War II Museum. This award, an accolade bestowed after an external nomination process and essay submission, is an amazing honor. He was selected because he is a good kid who tries to help out in his community, and I could not be prouder!

Robby and I are to be flown down to New Orleans over Memorial Day weekend for the award banquet and related activities. This weekend is situated between my 50th birthday, his 18th birthday and his graduation. Talk about an amazing way to celebrate all of milestones!

I'm so incredibly proud of my amazing teen.


No comments:

Post a Comment