About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Proud Momom

 I am waking up this morning an incredibly proud Momom!

Yesterday Timmy received his report card and received stellar comments and marks. He has grown academically and socially compared to this time last year. His teachers describe him as kind, caring, empathetic and hardworking. His teachers also remarked on his interesting perspectives. "Timmy at times does not appear to be paying attention during lessons. However, when we ask him a clarifying question to check his understanding, he often offers insights that are accurate yet completely unique." 

A clear example occurred last week when Timmy's class was learning about cultural traditions in India, including funeral pyres and bathing in the rivers. After the presentations the class had a discussion about what they learned. Timmy's contribution was "Well, learned that I will never go fishing in India."  I had to chuckle when I read that line. His teacher, who is absolutely amazing, must have worked a long time on the wording in his report card as to not offend.

In the afternoon Robby received a letter awarding him a scholarship to help pay for college. He has been applying for every applicable scholarship since he was accepted back in September. I am so incredibly proud of him!


No comments:

Post a Comment