About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Ungrateful Cat

 In the wee hours of Monday morning, while the world was still awake, our house was in chaos courtesy of our tripod cat. Kitty-Kitty, our three-legged cat whom I rescued from Louisiana after she was shot, decided to urinate all over Timmy's new futon mattress. It was thoroughly soaked, forcing us to move it out of his room so that he could sleep. 

I spent the afternoon cleaning the mattress. After washing, steaming and dousing it with enzyme cleaners, the odor has finally been removed. The large mattress is currently folded over our banister drying and waiting for the waterproof cover that is going to be delivered within the next few days. Throughout the entire ordeal I quietly cursed the cat. This cat, who was not easy or cheap to rescue, has vacillated between indifference and hatred. She does not make it easy to adore her.

Kitty-Kitty must have sensed that she went over the line by peeing all of the futon because this morning she attempted to redeem herself. Yet again we were woken in the wee hours of the morning with cat commotion. This time she was flinging a small mouse against my bedroom wall. Friend, eager to play, was cheerfully barking and trying to get a turn at the vermin.  

Thankfully Scott was home so removing the mouse was easy. (I stayed under the covers and hid my head while he scooped it into a bucket and took it outside.) Kitty-Kitty may hate us, but apparently she hates mice more.

No comments:

Post a Comment