About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Answers

 Friday afternoon I finally garnered the courage to pick up the phone to call the Travis County Police Department. We know that nothing will bring Jae back, but we need answers. After a series of family discussions, we have decided that we need to present a united front. I volunteered to lead the charge, primarily because when I am angry I lean towards advocacy. 

I didn't expect many answers on Friday so I was not disappointed. I'm going to keep pressing until we have answers. I know that we will never find peace with what happened, but I am hoping that we can heal through knowledge. We will see, I'm not terribly optimistic that the internal investigation will yield anything insightful or even true.

We spent the weekend at the mall selling FlexyFriends. It was nice to be back to doing something normal and non-death related. Our sales were brisk and the company was delightful. Usually I'm really tired after a weekend of selling but we were able to split the time more equitably this weekend, allowing everybody time to both work and rest. After nearly a year of family sales, I think we are finally finding our groove.

No comments:

Post a Comment