About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Happy Birthday Timmy!!

 Yesterday was an exercise in frustrations and miscommunication. Timmy had an appointment scheduled for his arm to determine if he would receive a cast or surgery. Because the office is close to DC and because I needed to have him there at 8:15, it made for a very early morning. Robby was volunteered to come along because I wanted to be able to utilize the HOV-3 lanes without paying the toll. If he had stayed home, the trip would have cost me $54 round-trip. 

After rousing the boys into the car and navigating through DC rush hour traffic, we arrived to his appointment 15 minutes early. A series of issues forced us to travel to a different office to see another new doctor, but in the end he was seen and pronounced healed enough for his bright red cast. While the bones are not perfectly aligned, the doctor feels confident that they will mend correctly without surgery. Timmy was over-the-moon to finally be out of the temporary splint and into a more durable bright red cast.

Talk about the perfect birthday present! Yes, today is my little Hamlet's birthday. We are officially in double digits. It is so hard to believe that my sweet little preemie is now 10.

Today will be spent celebrating Timmy! Happy Birthday to my sweet, curious, precocious, interesting, inquisitive and kind son. I am so proud of you and being your mom is one of the greatest joys of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment