About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, April 04, 2024

pain

 I'm glad I didn't have anywhere to go yesterday. It feels as if I was hiking up my pant leg and removing my prosthesis every few minutes. Comfort remained elusive as I desperately tried a variety of padding combinations. By the time evening finally came my leg was angry and the blister had fully developed. I ended up on the couch with an ice pack and my crutches. 

An evening of ice, compression and ibuprofen seemed to have worked. My leg is considerably more comfortable today although I have no intention of pushing my limits. The boys are home for Spring Break and I'm going to acquiesce all dog-walking duties for the next 24 hours. If I want to remain mobile, I need to allow my leg time to rest and to heal. 

Most days I am barely concerned with being an amputee. I am only bothered by my "disability" when my prosthesis isn't fitting well and I'm in pain. This has been one of those weeks and I'm becoming frustrated. I want my life back!

No comments:

Post a Comment