About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, May 09, 2024

Hives

Timmy's hives, although omnipresent, have not worsened over the past few days. A steady dose of Benadryl seems to be keeping the inflammation under control and his comfort manageable. I still have no idea what caused the flare and we will probably never really narrow down the cause. We are grateful that it is inching towards healing because he looked so miserable covered with hot red welts.

I'm impressed that Timmy has managed to stay on task with his school work in spite of the itchy bumps. He has complained, albeit justifiably, about difficulty focusing because of the itching. Frequent breaks to ointment his sores have helped to keep him comfortable throughout his school day. Or as comfortable as possible considering that he is covered with hives and has a cast on his arm.

Despite his issues, he seems to be doing well in school. His teacher emailed me a few days ago to compliment his work and work ethic since he broke his arm. I'm so proud that he hasn't used it as an excuse! Today we head back to the doctor for another round of images. I'm expecting that everything is healing properly and that he will be scheduled for another follow up in 2-4 weeks. Fingers crossed I'm right!

No comments:

Post a Comment