About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 10, 2024

Renaissance Faire

 This weekend is shaping up to be a lot of fun. We are scheduled to sell at the Virginia Renaissance Faire which is hosted at a winery about 90 minutes south. Because of the distance, Robby and I are making a weekend of it. We are heading down this afternoon after school to set up our little stand. After we will get some dinner and hang out in a hotel for the night. Saturday morning we will be rested, in the area and ready to travel back to the medieval times. Hopefully Knights and Lords will like dragons and dice towers.

While Robby and I are working the Faire, Timmy and Scott will be enjoying a weekend at home. The pair are already planning an ample McDonald's feast followed by an evening of computer video gaming. Because Timmy is still in his cast for another few weeks his entertainment options are severely limited. Thankfully he has a brother and a dad who are well-versed with computer gaming options and were happy to bring him into the fold. 

On Sunday Scott and I are going to switch places. He will work at the Faire while I stay home with the boys. Robby has his performance on Sunday afternoon and I'm looking forward to hearing him rock for Mother's Day. 

Wish us luck at the Faire!

No comments:

Post a Comment