About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Liar Liar

 In the early hours of Monday morning (around 4 AM) I heard Timmy stirring in his bedroom. When I checked on him I found him sitting in bed with big tears running down his cheeks. He was frustrated because he was exhausted and having trouble sleeping. Between his fatigue induced sobs he relayed his concerns about getting through the day without sleep. With the promise to let him sleep longer, I rubbed his back until he finally fell asleep.

Timmy finally woke up around 10:30 and reentered school after his class returned from lunch. As soon as he logged in he announced, "I slammed a Red Bull last night and pulled an all nighter."  

He lied. He did not have a Red Bull. He has never had a Red Bull. There is a zero percent chance that my sweet little liar had an energy drink of any variety because Scott and I have NEVER purchased them. I have never had an energy drink in this house, so I was gobsmacked by his explanation. 

When I asked him why he claimed to have consumed a Red Bull, he just shrugged and said that he said it for the laughs. This child is the reason I have so much grey hair

Much like when Robby told his pediatrician that I smoke (I have never smoked), any denial is going to make me look guiltier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment