After a rough weekend start, Robby is settling into his new semester. With each day I am hearing less anxiety and panic in his voice. Yesterday evening I actually heard him laugh for the first time since move-in day which eased my worried Mom mind. I am not sure why this semester has been such a difficult transition, but perhaps that is something we can dissect at a later time.
My school year has been busy but good. I'm delighted to be back with my students, but the chaos of the new school year is exhausting. I keep holding on to the knowledge that my schedule is chaotic because I have so many students trying to learn new school buildings and routes. Once they know their way, my normal routine will emerge. Until then, I'm running around trying to make sure that everybody feels supported.
I will also feel better when the cooler weather rolls into our area. These 90 degree temperatures make it more difficult for me to do my job as walking becomes laborious with my leg constantly trying to slide off. I'm ready for autumn!
No comments:
Post a Comment