About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Fun

I have to admit that yesterday might have been the best Easter ever! Robby is at the perfect age right now-- he accepts the Easter Bunny as true because that is what his Mommy and Daddy told him. He completely and absolutely believes in all things magical. This is such a fun age!

Our Easter Bunny preparations began Saturday afternoon when Robby "discovered" a velvet bag holding magic jelly beans. After reading the secret message to him revealing the fact that the beans will grow into lollipops when when the Easter Bunny hops by, he became nearly uncontrollable with excitement. Saturday evening we went outside and planted the beans.

Going to sleep Saturday night was difficult, but he finally drifted off around 9:30. Unfortunately he was up at 4:30, claiming that he heard a bunny hopping outside. (He also accused the loudly hopping bunny of peeing in the yard.) We convinced him to lie back down, but only when I promised to sleep in his room.

Scott took the opportunity to begin "hopping" around the yard. I have to give him credit. I don't know many men who would venture into the yard in the early dawn hours to plant lollipop trees, lay eggs and hide toys. To make it more difficult, he had to remember where the jelly beans were planted among three different yards. He is an extremely good sport when it comes to creating a magical event for Robby!

Robby was over the moon excited when he discovered the lollipop trees. He carefully "picked" the lollipop flowers, and found nearly all of the eggs that were hidden. (Three are still unaccounted for, but we are fairly certain that they were claimed by our wildlife.) The boys stayed outside playing with a plethora of bubble toys that were left by the wise Easter Bunny.

In the afternoon we went to the Easter Egg hunt at the Animal Park, where he secured a basketful of plastic treasures. We then met my Mom for dinner. I was certain that my tired little bundle of Easter joy would fall asleep on the ride home. I was wrong-- he talked about the lollipop trees and bubbles for the entire drive.

In a lucky twist of fate, our Easter celebration will continue through today. I won what is touted to be one of the most coveted tickets in Washington DC. This afternoon we are going to be attending the Easter Egg Roll on the White House lawn!

Robby excitement is only exceeded by Scott's and mine. Of course, we are also a tad concerned that fatigue might catch up with our little guy, causing Robby Rotten to emerge. We have been talking to him about behaving properly and the etiquette that is expected. Despite our efforts to prepare him, I'm still worried. I'm hoping that Robby Rotten stays away and that he doesn't have to use the bathroom during the Egg Roll. After all, although I'm not positive, I'm pretty sure it is frowned upon to "pee pee on a tree" on the South Lawn!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope all goes well today and you guys are so amazing to work so hard for the perfect holidays for your little guy, hope you both get some rest lol-make sure you post on fb. when your done with the Easter Egg Roll and I will pray that Robby doesn't 'water the South Lawn' lol

    ReplyDelete