About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 07, 2012

Boston!

Dropping Robby off at school yesterday morning, knowing that I wouldn't be home to hear about his day, was difficult. He shed his normal tears about going to school, and my heart was breaking because I didn't want to leave. Knowing that I'll only be gone for a few days, and that the time will no doubt fly by for him, did little to ease my mommy angst.

After I dried my eyes, I wrote a series of little notes and hid them, along with small surprises, around the house. Hopefully he will have fun with his scavenger hunt and it will make my time away easier for him. Besides helping Robby, hiding the surprises made me feel better about leaving.

My travels to Boston were uneventful, which at this point equates to a good thing! I was able to breeze through security without anymore than a mild a grope, and arrived at my gate in time to get my favorite airport treat- an Auntie Anne pretzel. By the time I arrived in my hotel room, I was in full professional mode.

Last night I attended the conference opening, where I was able to get a peek at the booth which will be my home away from home for the next three days. I am hoping to be able to leave the hotel at some point to experience Boston, although if previous conferences are any indication, seeing the sites is doubtful. By the time the booth closes for the evening, I am left so exhausted that all I want to do is call for room services, take off my leg and crawl into bed!

Time alone, without anybody needing or wanting my attention, is a rare luxury. Although I miss Robby, I am taking full advantage of the quiet. Between entertaining both boys all summer, working and taking care of my Mom, I am fully basking in the solitude of my hotel room.


No comments:

Post a Comment