About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Toss 'em Over

Yesterday can be summed up in one word: exhausting.  Little Timmy woke up early, ready to explore and play. Of course, play has a different definition for a one year old. His preferred "play" activity involves tossing items down the steps to watch them bounce, emptying my kitchen cabinets of all the Tupperware and plastic bowls, and trying to play in the cat food. 

I spent much of my day chasing after him, picking up mess that he left in his wake as he meandered from room to room. Scott had to clear the stairs of everything that he had tossed over the rail before making his way to the landing. By the time he crossed over the gate his hands were overflowing with an eclectic variety of objects.  Basically, anything that is colorful or bounces has a fair chance of being tossed down the stairs by my inquisitive little Hamlet. 

Obviously Timmy failed to understand my lecture about the dangers of leaving toys scattered because he seemed to go out of his way to create obstacles. I have tried to teach him the fun of putting toys into baskets, but so far he has proven to be a poor student. If he doesn't embrace the joys of cleaning up soon, somebody (probably me) will be hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment