About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Transitions

When I was in college, I went to 12 funerals in 18 months. Some of the deaths were expected, while others were unfathomable tragedies. It was a difficult time as it felt like every time my life was starting to get back on track, I was pulling out my black dress for another memorial service. Finally the spree ended and my dress was able to resume its position in the back of my closet.

It is now twenty years later, but I am beginning to feel like I am reliving those sad months. I suppose that everything has a season, including deaths. As families grow and people get older, tragedies occur and the older generation slowly starts to pass away. I am afraid that we are entering one of those phases.

In the past year, I have gone to three funerals. The spree began with my Dad, continued with my Uncle George and last week we buried our niece Monica. Today I'm packing up and heading to Pennsylvania so that I can attend the funeral for my dear friend's mother. Although her mom has been ill for quite some time, the loss is still overwhelming. I'm looking forward to seeing my friend because we don't get together nearly as much as I would like, but I hate the circumstances of our reunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment