About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Phantom Pain Part 2

To the delight of all my boys, school has been cancelled again today. Thankfully the school administrators made the decision last night, allowing us to relax on our bedtime routines. I always appreciate going to bed knowing that I don't need to worry about icy roads in the morning.

My leg is still experiencing more phantom pain than I prefer, but the discomfort is manageable. My daily life hasn't really been impacted except that after a few hours on my feet I am forced to sit and try to massage the phantom cramps away. Remembering the days when I couldn't wear my leg due to the phantom pain, I am trying to remind myself that this is mild and that I am fortunate. Although the discomfort could be classified as more of a nuisance, I am frustrated with the constant reminder that I am an amputee. 

The weather patterns are supposed to shift today, bringing drier air and warmer temperatures.  Hopefully the phantom pain will travel away with the unsavory jet streams, and I will again be comfortable. While I know that I am lucky, the constant nagging is starting to drag me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment