About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Snow Pain

Happy President's Day!  Or, as I am calling it in our house, Happy Yet Another Snow Day. Everybody is home (again) today, not because of the federal holiday but because of a snow and ice event.

Even though I have given up watching the news due to the constant barrage of frustrating political news and commentary, this storm did not take me by surprise. Late yesterday afternoon my bones and joints started to feel achy and sore, heralding the impending flurries. By the time the sun set, I was reaching for the ibuprofen bottle and warning that the storm was going to be impressive.

I had a difficult time sleeping because of the pain in my joints and phantom foot. I hate those painful nights, but I have come to accept that they are part of living as an amputee. I find myself just lying in bed and reminding myself that the pain won't last forever. Eventually I was able to find a comfortable position and fall asleep, although Timmy ended my efforts prematurely by waking up ready to play.

Unfortunately, my sleeping poorly has no impact on his eagerness to run, hop, play and cause mischief. Thankfully Scott is also home due to the snow, so I am going to tag him into Timmy duty soon so that I can take a nap. Hopefully my pain will lessen as the snowfall intensifies, otherwise it will be a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment