About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

California

Good morning from California!

Yesterday was quick moving, which is probably a good thing. Between celebrating Robby's birthday, running errands, packing, driving Timmy to meet my Mom and going to the airport, I was frazzled and ready to rest when I boarded the plane.  I felt horrible leaving the boys, especially Robby on his birthday, but this trip is imperative. I know that he had a special day, and that the celebration will continue this weekend as we tackle the World War II weekend.

Timmy seemed delighted to see my Mom, and did not fuss when she drove off with him in the SUV instead of me. Of course, having my nephews there to entertain him during the transition certainly helped. He lights up when he is around the "big kids."

This morning I'm waking up in California, and getting ready for a long day of meetings. I am presenting a report this afternoon, and I would be lying if I didn't admit to being nervous. I've done the prep work, let's hope that I can present the information coherently! But first I'm off to find some coffee.  This hotel room doesn't have a coffee pot *gasp.*  

Wish me luck today with my presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment